A cookie is a text file that is stored on the computer or mobile device through a Web server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the content of the cookie. They allow the Website to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently, making the interaction between the user and the Website faster and easier.
How do cookies work?
Cookies can only store text, it is generally always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can it be associated with an identified or identifiable person. The data allows this website to keep your information between pages, and also to analyze the way of interacting with the website. Cookies are safe since they can only store the information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. You cannot execute the code and it cannot be used to access your computer. If a web page encrypts the cookie information, only the web page can read the information.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used by this website can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from where the cookies are sent and treats the data that is obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: they are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the period of time that they remain activated:
According to the period of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: they are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: they are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the process of purchasing an order, requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for broadcasting videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: these are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
How to manage cookies on your computer: deactivation and elimination of cookies
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the configuration or options of the browser.
The steps to Doing so is different for each browser, instructions can be found in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- For more information about Internet Explorer.
- For more information about Chrome.
- For more information about Firefox.
Through your browser, you can also see the cookies that are on your computer, and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open them and read the content. The data within them is almost always encrypted with a numeric key that corresponds to an Internet session, so many times it does not make sense beyond the web page that wrote it.